Feedback - Barwon Community Legal Service


We are committed to providing high quality services to those in need.

We welcome your feedback and will use it as an opportunity to learn and where required improve services for the community. Feedback can be a compliment, a complaint or a suggestion for improvement.

All feedback will be taken seriously and followed up appropriately. Any information you provide will be treated confidentially and will not impact on our commitment to providing quality services to you and/or your family.

You can submit your feedback or complaint by:

The Administration Manager will be responsible for receiving this correspondence and directing it to the appropriate person.

You have a right to lodge a complaint with us regarding any incident or issue that occurs during the delivery of our services, or in connection with our services.

We are committed to upholding your rights as a service user, including the right to:

  • be treated with respect and dignity
  • receive services that are sensitive their age, ability, gender, sexual identity,
    culture, religion or spirituality, language and communication needs
  • have their privacy respected and protected
  • access their records
  • a quality service
  • participate in the service they receive
  • give feedback, including complaints about the service they receive
  • be safe from abuse, neglect, violence and preventable injury.
  • be free from any reprisal following a complaint, such as any change to, or cancellation of, services.
  • be supported to report your complaint to an external body if you are not satisfied with the way we respond to a complaint.
  • be involved in decisions related to resolving a complaint.
  • remain anonymous if you choose.

If you have provided us with your contact details you will receive an acknowledgement of the complaint which will include:

  • Contact details for the person managing your complaint
  • An outline of the process for managing your complaint, including timelines, what you can expect to happen and options if you are unhappy with the resolution proposed

If appropriate, we will conduct an investigation into the circumstances surrounding your complaint and a resolution will be proposed within 30 days of receiving it.

In a situation where our investigation process will take longer than 30 days, the person managing the complaint will contact you formally and let you know the reason for any delay and the expected timeline.

What happens if I am not satisfied?

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can make further complaint to:

Level 5, 555 Bourke Street

Melbourne VIC 3000

Phone: 1300 796 344

Level 2, 570 Bourke Street

Melbourne VIC 3000

Phone: 1800 806 314


Level 7, 14-20 Blackwood Street

North Melbourne VIC 3051

Phone: (03) 9320 1044


Feedback and complaints

If you would like to submit your feedback and complaint online please follow the link below.

Submit feedback

Last modified on May 8th, 2023 at 3:31 pm

The content on this site is information only and is not legal advice. If you need legal advice please contact us.

Get In Touch

Contact us today to improve your legal health.

Contact Us